Sunday, September 14, 2008

Dispatch #29 Undercabinet drawers - Update

The undercabinet drawer project is moving right along. I got all of the stock cut to size. For the first time I did all of my measuring with my Woodpecker Precision Ruler and my marking knife. All of the cuts were made on my Dewalt SCMS. It was amazing that by utilizing this process my cuts were all on the "right" side of the line. If you don't own a precision rule and marking knife, I strongly recommend that you get one and start using it on layouts.
After all the stock was cut to length, I milled the box joints on the table saw and then cut the dados for the drawer bottoms. This was as far I got on the project Saturday.
Tomorrow, I will start cutting the bottoms and then assembly can begin after sanding of all pieces.
Another project that I've been working is getting my new EZ Smart System cutting guide setup. I installed the dust collector port on my Makita 5007MGA circular saw. It sure makes a big difference using the circular saw with dust collector in place.

Quote of the moment:
I have long been of the opinion that if work were such a splendid thing the rich would have kept more of it for themselves.
- Bruce Grocott

No comments: