Sunday, August 10, 2008

Dispatch #24 Happenings this week

Not much going on this week after the completion of the assembly table. I worked on cleaning up the shop and putting stuff away. On Friday and Saturday I constructed a couple of clamp racks to hang my Cabinet clamps and F style clamps from. Based them on plans from one of my woodworking books. It rack will hold 12 clamps, I mounted them right inside the garage door in what has been wasted wall space. The longer clamps went on the top rack and the shorter ones on the bottom rack. I still need more clamp storage though. When I redo the pegboard wall I plan to install a couple of more clamp racks on that wall in the corner next to where I installed the first two.
I begin taking measurements for my next project which is the pull out drawers for the kitchen cabinets. I will be installing 13 drawers total. I plan on ordering the 100lb full extension slides from Grizzly. Those are the ones I used on the assembly table and they worked very well.
We are going Tuesday over to the Hardwood Center in Scottsboro, AL and select the wood to construct the drawers from. Still don't know if we're going to use dimensional lumber or plywood. More on that later.
That's it for now.

No comments: