Monday, August 18, 2008

Dispatch #26 Shop Update

Not a whole lot going on this past week. I continued the shop cleanup project. Did manage to get the air hose retractable reel mounted to the ceiling. I've had the reel since fall of 2007, but just never gotten round2it to install. It sure makes managing the air hose a whole lot easier.
Had a good "find" on ebay recently, picked up a Stanley 60-1/2 low angle block plane at a real nice price. Have to sharpen the blade a bit more, but it is gonna be a handy item. I'll get pictures of it posted soon in the Hand tool section.
On another note, I ordered the slides for the kitchen cabinet slideout draawer project. They are due in today via UPS. I got them from Grizzly.com for $9.95 ea which is about half of what the local HD BORG wanted for them. They are the same type that I used on the assembly table project and are a good value for the buck.
I'll be leaving Thursday morning heading for Atlanta to attend the The International Woodworking Machinery and Furniture Supply Fair at the Georgia Congress Trade Center. It is one of the largest woodworking events in the country.
Norm Abrams will be there signing autographs and I plan to take my first New Yankee Workshop book for him to autograph.
That's all for now, heading to Southaven, MS for my son's wedding today. More on that later.

No comments: