Monday, June 30, 2008

Dispatch #15 Making Sawdust

Started construction of the cross cut sled for my tablesaw last week. I'm generally following the plans as shown in the current issue of Shop Notes. I'm using 1/2" & 3/4" MDF instead of the plywood that the author of the article used. From all I've read MDF is very stable and won't warp like plywood does.
I picked up an Incra miter track from the Rockler store for the slide. It has a good fit in the track and when installed following their directions it is adjustable from the top of the sled thus insuring a method to keep the sled in square with the blade.
So far I've cut the base out and installed the rear fence which is the most critical aspect. I have taken some pictures but have off loaded them from the camera yet.
Today I will work on installing the front fence and other components before I have to go to work at 4:00 pm

No comments: