Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dispatch #14 Den Remodel Project - Update

Haven't gotten to work much lately on the project. Tasks accomplished since last post have been continued installation of the trim such as floor to tile transition pieces for the foyer and hall way doors. Also got the last piece of the Hardibacker board installed around the fireplace and grouted in the joints with the thinset mortar. Ready to start installing the marble tile later this evening.
I have been working on tuning my tablesaw even more. I worked on getting the blade aligned this past Monday evening and have now gotten it so that there is only .002 difference between the front and back alignment. As we used to say at TVA "That's close enough for government work". It amazing though how much better it cuts getting it dialed in.
We attended the BF Avery Antique Tractor Show (B.F. Avery) this past weekend in Edinbough, IN. While we were there we went on into Indianapolis and visited the Rockler Woodworking Store. I spent about an hour going through and touching and admiring everything. They managed to get a a nice chunk of change from me for a few things I just couldn't live with out.
I picked up a couple of items that I'll need to build my cross cut sled for the table saw. I'm ready to start on that very soon. After I get it completed, then I will start on my assembly table. It sure is going to be nice to have a dead flat table to work off of. My biggest challenge will be to keep the clutter off of it like what inhabits my two workbenches. Gotta work on getting them cleaned of also. More latter.

No comments: