Sunday, July 6, 2008

Disptach #16 Cross Cut Sled - Completed

The cross cut sled is not officially completed. I constructed a prototype box joint jig face for it and made my first box joint using some scrap 1/4" plywood. I made the cuts using an old adjustable width Craftsman Dado blade which is very lame on accuracy. I was able to cut a fairly tight joint using it though by dialing in with the Kreg Micro Adjuster. I have placed a order for a Freud Box Joint Dado blade that will cut perfect 1/4" & 3/8" flat bottom slots. When I receive it I will make the finally faces for constructing box joints. The beauty of this jig is that faces with different sizes of box joints (Height & width) can be made and switched out easily by removing two screws.
This entry is a test of using a YouTube created video in my blog. Excuse the rough edges.




Watch a short video of pictures from the build of the sled.







More Photos here: Cross Cut Sled

No comments: