Friday, June 13, 2008

Dispatch #13 Den Remodel Project - Update

Things have really progressed the last few days. We have moved all of the furniture back into the den and Debra has been busy cleaning and putting her decorations back in place. My son and his girlfriend came over from Southaven, MS this week and while he was here we moved the mantle back into place. I got that installed and glued the last pieces of the Hardibacker board on the edges of the brick. After we get back from the Avery Tractor Show on the 23rd I finishing installing the tile surround for the fireplace. Then all will be left is to caulk it in good and touch up the paint.
Still have a few items on my punch list such as reinstall the doorbell. Have a temporary one in place now so it's not critical.
I did manage to spend nearly a whole day cleaning on my workshop. Damn what a mess, sawdust was everywhere. There was crap piled on every flat surface and was one hell of a mess. I made a major dent in it but still need to spend lots more time straighten up. Things will be better when I can get time now to build some shop cabinets and my assembly table. The assembly table will have a drawers and a coupe of storage sections that will help tremendously. Here is what the assembly table will look like. Assembly Table
While I was cleaning I collected a few items to sell on Craigslist. I listed my old Sears Router and Table, the 14.4 volt Ryobi set, and the molding head cutter for the Radial Arm Saw I no longer have. Sold the Router and table today, so I'm off to a good start. Still have a few more items to list.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll get some more pictures taken and uploaded.

No comments: