Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Dispatch #20 Assembly Table - Update

I continue to work on the table yesterday and again today. Yesterday I finished gluing the main partitions and the stiffener partitions. I also installed the four stretchers across the top.

Today I install the casters. These are the ones I purchased from Woodcrafter. I was duly impressed by these casters when I turned the table right side up. These are the best rolling casters I've ever used. And, the locking mechanism on them are exceptional. Even with top installed the table was easy to roll and when locked I could not get it to move. All I can say is WOW!!, I'll use this type again.

I got the top installed today also. I used 4 Spax screws on each side to attach the top to the stretchers. I think this will hold the table top in place without a problem.

I received my Freud Box Joint Dado blades today so I'll be able to start on the drawer boxes tomorrow.
Here are the progress pictures for today:


















No comments: