Monday, July 14, 2008

Dispatch #19 Assembly Table - Update

Started last evening cutting out the panels for the cabinet that the torsion box assembly table top will be on. I got the 2 end panels and the middle panel cut out. Today, I cut out the bottom and then routed the dado for each side joint and the middle partition joint. Since I'm putting mine on casters, I'm adding stiffeners from the side panels to the middle partition. I routed the dado in the bottom with my router and then used the dado blade on the table side to do the sides and middle pcs. I couldn't use the table saw on the bottom due to it being bowed. Hopefully, I will be able to pull the bow out when I glue up.
I decided to have an adjustable shelf in the cabinet side so I got all of those holes drilled. I then cut the top stretchers. The original plans called for 3 but I decided to go with 4 to help prevent racking of the unit when it's moved. Tomorrow I'll continue the build and hopefully get the carcass glued up. Clickable thumbnails below.













No comments: