Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Dispatch #9 Den Remodel Project - Update

Yesterday we completed a couple of punch list items such as deciding on the molding required to trim the edge of the den wall where it abuts the breakfast bar area. We settled on a 1-1/4" shoe molding to make the transition.
The laying of the laminate wood flooring was began also yesterday. I got about of third of it down and had to stop until I got the door frame from the den to the hallway cut off. I tried out my Rotozip with the flush cut attachment for the first time on this task. It worked great. Wouldn't quite cut all the way through the thickest part of the frame, but that was easy enough to chip out with a chisel.
Have to go back to work today, from 7 till 3, so won't get to work on the flooring until late this afternoon.

Continued to work on the flooring when I got home this evening. Got about four more runs installed. Had to take my recip saw and cut some more wood from the door jams so that the flooring would slide all the way underneath it.

No comments: