Monday, May 5, 2008

Dispatch #5 Delta Table Saw Mobile Base Fix

Recently purchased a Bessy Fence for my 10" Delta Contractor table saw. After I installed it, it created another problem as to what to put under the extension wing table legs. I purchased a 20 ft lenght of 1" x 2" 14 ga tubing and a 20 ft pc of 3/16" x 3" flat bar. Cut it to my design lengths using a Ryobi 14" metal chop saw. Then welded it with my 115 volt wire feed welder. Got some splatter on it and the some of the welds look like pigeon poop but over all it came out well.
I designed the mobile base addition to mirror the existing Delta base and since it was so long I designed in a flexible tail end assembly so that it could flex with out getting hung if I need to roll it out of the garage. My garage floor has a slight elevation change from the driveway to prevent water from flowing into the the garage during heavy rains. It works great but has always caused a problem getting the table saw in and out.
I plan to build a cabinet that will set between the table saw base and the extension wing legs to hold my extra saw blades, dado blades and my cutoff sled.

This was the problem:


The process of solving the problem

Frame welded and laid out


Details of wheel well brackets


The finished solution

No comments: